Keep on improving by practicing in-between lessons? Just book your extra board and suit hire when you pay for your course. Either take your board & suit away at the end of a morning lesson or pick them up from us first thing for the day! At the end of a day’s surfing you’ll be able to drop your equipment back off with us. So, no board storage or roof-rack hassles and no wet, sandy wetsuits dripping in the car. In fact we’ll even wash your suit out for you! But best of all, you’ll be able to continue surfing on the board you’re used to and you’ll know you’re using the right equipment for you.
Our range of excellent quality kit includes wetsuits of all sizes from junior extra small to adults extra, extra large, wetsuit boots, hoods & gloves & 6ft, 7ft, 8ft & 9ft soft foam boards (approved by the British Surfing Association for learner use). Improver boards, custom made short boards, mini-mals and longboards are also available.
½ day full day (longer hire periods can be arranged)
Surfboard & Wetsuit £15 £20
Surfboard £10 £12
Wetsuit £8 £10
Boots /Gloves/Hood £5 £5
Our hire service is exclusive to Big Blue Surf School customers. We want to provide you with excellent quality surfing equipment that is ideal for you to practice on. In order for us to do this we ask you to please look after our equipment and to collect and return it at the times agreed. Our hire equipment is also vital to our Surf School lessons, therefore:
• Equipment can be reserved in advance, subject to availability, but we will require payment at the time of booking.
• You will be required to pay a deposit of £50 per board, £20 per wetsuit and £5 per pair of boots on a debit/credit card, which will be refunded on undamaged return of hire equipment. You will also need to provide picture ID with address, such as your driving licence or passport, along with a credit or debit card with your name on it.
• Cancellations of reserved equipment will only be refunded in full if we can rehire the same equipment the same day.
• We can not guarantee the availability of equipment if collection times are not respected. In the circumstance that a hirer does not collect equipment at an agreed time, no refund will be given.
• Should equipment not be returned at the agreed time, there will be an additional charge of £25 per half day, per board, wetsuit or pair of boots hired.
• Any damage caused to the hire equipment must be paid for on return of the equipment. For example, dents, chips and deep scratches to boards will incur charges of £25. Hire equipment which is lost or damaged beyond repair will be charged at replacement cost i.e. £260 plus VAT per surfboard, £30 plus VAT per wetsuit and £20 plus VAT per neoprene hood, pair of wetsuit boots or pair of wetsuit gloves.