1. In the rare event that Big Blue Surf School (BBSS) or our employees consider the beach, weather or surf conditions unsuitable for surf tuition, BBSS may cancel courses. Should this occur, we will accommodate you on another suitable course at your discretion, offer an alternative activity, (for example a flat water session or surf board factory/shop tour), offer you a refund or give you a voucher at your discretion. Vouchers will be valid for 2 years from date of issue. However, should BBSS lesson prices increase between date of issue and redemption, customers will be required to pay the difference. All vouchers are non transferable and redemption is subject to availability.
2. BBSS will not offer vouchers or alternative lessons if customers choose to cancel a booking, not attend a course for whatever reason or arrive too late, (as judged by senior coach on duty), to participate in their lesson/s. We therefore recommend that all customers take out suitable insurance to cover such circumstances.
3. All students must be over eight and able to swim 50 metres without resting.
4. Parents/Guardians not participating in lessons attended by their children (under 14yrs) are required to remain within visual contact during lessons & to sign a ‘Health & Safety’ form accepting this condition.
5. Parents/Guardians not participating in lessons attended by their children (14 -15yrs) are requested to remain within visual contact during lessons. Parents not doing so accept that BBSS and its employees cannot be held responsible for the welfare of children who decide not to participate in a lesson once it has started.
6. Parents/Guardians not participating in lessons attended by their children (under 18yrs) are required to sign a ‘Health & Safety’ form giving permission for their children to attend lessons.
7. In the interests of safety, participants must agree to abide by any decisions or instructions made by BBSS staff.
8. Surfing involves a degree of risk to both people and property, even if enjoyed under proper supervision by qualified coaches. It is a strenuous activity that requires those taking part to have a reasonable standard of swimming and fitness. Therefore you must make us aware of any medical conditions, illnesses or allergies you have and any prescribed medication you are taking via our Health and Safety Form, (sent at time of booking), as well as directly to your surf coach prior to each lesson starting. For participants under 18 years it is the responsibility of the parent or guardian to inform us of any such medical conditions. You should not participate in a surfing course if you are suffering from a heart condition or any other injury / illness which may affect your physical ability or if you are pregnant. You must in no circumstances be under the influence of any alcohol or illegal drugs. Also, you must not be under the influence of medication which may adversely affect your physical abilities.
9.During lessons you will have use of BBSS equipment. We take all reasonable measures to ensure the safety and good condition of our equipment, however you are responsible for immediately reporting any damage caused to the equipment or which becomes apparent whilst the equipment is in your possession. BBSS does not seek to limit or exclude any liability which may occur as a result of its own negligence or that of our employees. However, BBSS assumes no liability in respect of any personal injury loss, damage, consequential loss or third party claims which occur through no fault of our own or are caused by the negligence of you or one of the participants in your group.
10. Any image of you, your family or members of your group secured or taken on any of our courses may be used by us without charge for any media, promotional or marketing purposes. If you would prefer such images not to be used in any promotional materials please inform us in writing prior to your course.