These surfing lessons are for people of all abilities. Whether you are a novice surfer who would prefer private lessons or an intermediate to advanced surfer who wants to concentrate on specific areas of your surfing, our one to one sessions are designed to focus solely on you and your surfing needs. If you prefer to surf with a friend or someone of similar ability, or just what to keep the cost down a little, then we can also arrange 1:2 coaching.
Here's what to expect from a 1:1 or 1:2 lesson.
1. MEETING: We’ll meet you at the Fat Face store in Bude and accompany you to our mobile unit at the beach.
2. HEALTH AND SAFETY CHECK: We’ll check the Health & Safety form you have filled out and advise you appropriately. We’ll also talk about your ability and which specific areas you would like to develop.
3. KITTING OUT: If you don’t have your own equipment we’ll kit you out with a board, a warm well fitting wetsuit and accessories (hat, boots and gloves if necessary) and a high visibility identity vest.
4. CHANGING: Personal belongings can be left in our secure mobile unit.
5. WARM UP: We’ll then walk down on to the sand where you’ll be taken through a gentle warm up and surf safety information.
6. DRY LAND COACHING: This vital part of the lesson will show you what to aim for in the water trough demonstrations and discussion. Exactly what we teach you will depend on your experience, ability level and what you want to learn.
7. WATER COACHING: While you’re in the water your coach will be on hand constantly to help you, give you tips, advice and lots of encouragement as well as answer all your questions.
8. FINAL TIPS: Towards the end of the session we’ll leave the water for a debrief where we can discuss next steps and things to practice. We’ll also give you a written feedback sheet for future reference. Then it’s time to change into your dry clothes and head off for a coffee or a beer!