Get your own personal instructor just to yourself or your group.
Flexible on timings – Best conditions for the day or quietest time in the water or when ever suits you.
More time in the water – No time wasted waiting for the rest of public group to get ready and organised.
These surfing lessons are for people of all abilities. Whether you are a beginner or intermediate surfer who would prefer the flexibility of private lessons or an advanced surfer who wants to concentrate on specific areas of your surfing and go further out back, our private advanced sessions are designed to focus solely on you and your surfing needs.
|July and August||£95||£140||£180||£200||£225||£240|
|September to June||£75||£120||£150||£160||£200||£240|
Please enquire about private lessons for larger groups.
Here’s what to expect from a private lesson.
1. MEETING: We’ll meet you down in Summerleaze beach car park, where we have our mobile surf school unit.
2. HEALTH AND SAFETY CHECK: We’ll check the Health & Safety form you have filled out and advise you appropriately. We’ll also talk about your ability and which specific areas you would like to develop.
3. KITTING OUT: If you don’t have your own equipment we’ll kit you out with a board, a warm well fitting wetsuit and accessories (hat, boots and gloves if necessary) and a high visibility identity vest. As soon as you are kitted up we set off, no waiting around for the rest of the group.
4. CHANGING: Personal belongings can be left in our secure mobile unit.
5. WARM UP: We’ll then walk down on to the sand where you’ll be taken through a gentle warm up and surf safety information.
6. DRY LAND COACHING: This vital part of the lesson will show you what to aim for in the water trough demonstrations and discussion. Exactly what we teach you will depend on your experience, ability level and what you want to learn.
7. WATER COACHING: While you’re in the water your coach will be on hand constantly to help you, give you tips, advice and lots of encouragement as well as answer all your questions.
8. FINAL TIPS: Towards the end of the session we’ll leave the water for a debrief where we can discuss next steps and things to practice. Then it’s time to change into your dry clothes and head off for a coffee or a beer!